- Soul Hackers 2 is out now on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10/11 PC.
- Decrypt destiny to save the world in a sci-fi, neo-noir mystery.
- Amass demons and explore a dark, supernatural realm.
If you’re a fan of RPGs, it’s time to start downloading, because Soul Hackers 2 is out now on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10/11 PC! In this technologically advanced world of the not-too-distant future, society has stagnated, and beneath the glitzy, ultra-commercialized veneer, two factions of Devil Summoners wage a deadly war. As Ringo, an agent of Aion tasked with saving humanity from an impending doom, you’ll attempt to unravel the interconnected mysteries that have shrouded the truth.
Soul Hackers 2 takes place in a brand-new, standalone setting, so fans both new and old will find themselves immersed in an easily accessible adventure from the moment they fire up the game. For those of you wondering what to expect, I’m here to give you three reasons why you’ll want to check out Soul Hackers 2.
- Fans of Persona and Shin Megami Tensei are probably curious about what sorts of differences they can expect from Soul Hackers 2. First off, Soul Hackers 2 features a smaller, adult cast of characters, with relationships that are a bit more complex and complicated. In order to develop and forge the bonds between their newly-resurrected allies Arrow, Milady, and Saizo, Ringo can traverse the Soul Matrix, a vast labyrinth of her teammates’ collective minds. Learning more about them and piecing together the events that led to their untimely passing in this neon-noir, cyberpunk thriller is compelling theater, and it’s the first reason you should check out Soul Hackers 2.
- Secondly, there’s the game system. Battles are fast-paced, dynamic fun with a number of unique wrinkles that set it apart from its Persona and SMT influences. Combat in Soul Hackers 2 is challenging yet balanced and you have the ability to equip any demon for use in battle by any character. It feels kind of like a cozy fusion of Persona’s stylish menus and lighter tactics with a dash of elements from SMT.
- Speaking of fusions, that’s one place that Soul Hackers 2 will feel very familiar. You’ll still fight, negotiate with, and fuse your favorite demons. Fusing your demons together into more powerful ones at the Cirque de Goumaden is quite the grandiose spectacle, with special fusions required to create some of the rarer demons. Additionally, in this game, you can use the Demon Recon feature to send your recruited demons out to bring back money, materials, and even new demons to recruit.
And there you have it; a gripping, unique story and setting, fun and refined game system, and the promise of being reacquainted with fan-favorite demons, three great reasons for you to pick up Soul Hackers 2. If you’ve been searching for the next great RPG to sink your teeth into, look no further — Soul Hackers 2 has what you’re looking for.
Soul Hackers 2