You thought Crash was wild before? Just wait until you get your hands on the upcoming PlayStation 5 version of Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time. Developer Toys for Bob is pulling all the stops to make this the ultimate Crash Bandicoot experience, featuring improved performance and deeper immersion all around.
Let’s look at some of the improvements you can look forward to when Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time comes to the PS5 console on March 12.
Improved graphics and performance
Taking full advantage of the PlayStation 5 hardware, Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time presents Crash at his platforming best, starting with support for native 4K targeting 60 FPS (requires 4K compatible device) and enhanced 3D audio (with a compatible headset). Wall run, spin jump, and rail grind using outstanding, crisp controls on levels lovingly built by the art and animation team, now even more vibrant and colorful on the PS5.
And waste no time in saving the multiverse! Featuring shorter load times, it’s easier and faster than ever to jump right into the action.
The DualSense wireless controller adds a whole new level of immersion to Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, making this the most tactile Crash experience yet. Using the controller’s adaptive triggers, you’ll feel the force of Neo Cortex’s DNA-changing blaster, the grip of Tawna’s Hookshot, the power of Crash’s Jetboard, and really feel the suction when you vacuum with Dingodile. Experience dynamic and immersive play, whether you’re dodging pirates and TNT in the Salty Wharf or crunching on the snow in the Eleventh Dimension.
Track progress with Activity Cards
PlayStation 5’s Activity Card feature will give players a clear breakdown of their progress throughout each of the game’s dimensions. For those true bandicoot masters, this means helping obtain the infamous 106% completion. Activity cards allow you to track your progress and help you hit your goals in time trials, flashback levels, and boss fights. So wherever you are on your multi-dimensional quest for completion, you’ll have the help you need to get ahead.
Upgrade and crossover from PS4
Already own the PS4 version of the game? We’ve got you covered. Owners of both the digital and physical versions of Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time can upgrade from the PS4 to the enhanced PS5 version at no additional cost.* PS4 digital owners can navigate to the PS5 version of the game at PlayStation Store and download it at no cost (except in Japan). PS4 disc owners must insert their disc into their PS5 and navigate to the PlayStation store to download the PS5 version at no cost (except in Japan)*. Internet connection is required to upgrade.
On top of that, you’ll be able to transfer your save data from PS4 to PS5 so you can start right where you left off. To do so, follow these steps:
- Before starting confirm you have an internet connection and you are logged into your PS account.
- On your PS4 navigate to the “Select a Save Slot” screen.
- Select the slot with data you want to transfer to your PS5.
- Use your controller to select Upload to cloud.
- You will get a prompt to confirm the upload, select Upload to Cloud.
- You will get a prompt indicating the upload was successful, click continue to return to the game.
- On your PS5 navigate to the “Select a Save Slot” screen.
- Select the slot you want to save your PS4 data to.
- Use your controller to select Download Cloud Save.
- You will get a prompt to confirm the download, select Download Cloud Save.
- You will get a prompt to enter your initials, enter your initials and select Next.
- You will get a prompt to select a playstyle, select Modern or Retro.
- You will get a prompt that the download was successful, select continue to return to the game.
Get in on the improved PlayStation 5 experience when Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time comes to the PS5 on March 12,2021 at the suggested retail price of $59.99. Can’t wait? Pick up the PS4 version today and upgrade to PS5 once it launches on March 12, 2021. And don’t forget, if you get the game digitally you’ll receive the Totally Tubular Skins (available upon completion of the second level) to show off Crash and Coco’s radical 90s roots.
*To upgrade the PlayStation 4 disc version of the game to the digital PS5 version, you’ll need a PS5 console with a disc drive. Owners of a PS4 disc copy must insert it into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital version. Users in Japan can upgrade for 100 Yen.