Balance Patch incoming.
Previously announced for Pokémon UNITE before the game’s mobile release, today, news has broken that players will not have to wait much longer for the Twin Tusk Pokémon. In fact, you won’t even have to wait an entire week as the Ice/Ground-type, Mamoswine, will make its debut on September 29, 2021, alongside a brand new update.
Not only is the update a requirement for the addition of Mamoswine, but due to a number of bugs that have popped up as part of Version 188.8.131.52, such as a bug where Crustle gains “an unintended strength boost in certain circumstances,” this patch comes at a good time, especially when there an issue at play where players are unable to claim the “Preregistration Campaign rewards” they’re entitled to due to pre-registering for the mobile release.
On the plus side, while players will need to wait for the official patch notes to come in, at least we have a brand-new character spotlight showcasing Mamoswine, which you can see right here:
About Pokémon UNITE:
Join Trainers from around the world as they head for Aeos Island to compete in Unite Battles! In Unite Battles, Trainers face off in 5-on-5 team battles to see who can score the most points within the allotted time. Teamwork is key as you and your teammates defeat wild Pokémon, level up and evolve your partner Pokémon, and knock out the opposing team’s Pokémon to prevent them from scoring points. Put your teamwork to the test, and take home the win!
- BATTLE IN STYLE: Take to the field while looking your best in Holowear! Thanks to a special technology developed using Aeos energy, Trainers can deck out their Pokémon in a variety of holographic outfits—with new styles arriving regularly!
- UNITE MOVES: Unleash the true power of your Pokémon with Unite Moves! Leverage these all-new Pokémon moves, which are only possible while in Unite Battles, and turn the tide of even the direst situations.
- RANK UP: Looking to prove how skilled you are? Participate in ranked matches, and earn points as you climb up the global leaderboard!
- COMMUNICATION IS KEY: Even the most skilled Trainers recognize how important communication is to their team’s success. Leverage signals, quick-chat messages, and—for the first time in a Pokémon title—voice chat to communicate and stay in sync with your team.
- CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY: Play with Trainers around the world on the Nintendo Switch™ system or on a compatible smartphone thanks to cross-platform support. Trainers may use their Pokémon Trainer Club account or Nintendo Account on both Nintendo Switch and mobile to easily keep their progress synced between devices.
Source: Pokémon UNITE (YouTube)
Tags: Mamoswine, Pokémon Unite
Categorised in: Pokemon, News, Nintendo, Nintendo Mobile, Nintendo Switch
This post was written by Jack Longman