ReDream – Dreamcast emulator is making progress27th July 2018
ReDream, if you’ve never heard of it before (and a lot of people won’t) is a recent Dreamcast emulator that has been included in retroarch for a little while, but hasn’t received the same level of glory as others. All this looks about to change as it appears ReDream is pushing fully ahead with becoming the closest emulation experience to the original machine that you could want, without the need for an original bios.
Oh and Did I mention it can upscale your games to 4K?
Right now the software is on V1.2.4 with the reported bugfixes:
- Window resize support.
- Ability to bind keypad keys.
- Horizontal black bars when the aspect ratio is less than 4:3.
- Don’t minimize window on focus loss for multi-monitor setups.
- Per-pixel sort inaccuracies in many game menus.
- Space Harrier game in Shenmue / Yu Suzuki Game Works.
- Test Drive Le Mans runs at the correct frame rate.
- Looney Tunes – Space Race in-game audio now plays.
- Moekan is now playable.
- Sakura Taisen 4 is now playable.
- Sega Bass Fishing is now playable.
- Tenohira wo, Taiyou Ni is now playable.
Unlike many other DC emulators this one will also download box art for any games you have in its folders (always a nice touch). With the website also containing a compatibility list which is in the upper 80% right now and increasing. Also controllers are automatically configured when connected, especially those with PS4 and Xbox pads.
Fully recommend checking this out.
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!